Friday, July 17, 2009

The 100th Post!

Harry Potter was great.
Amazing.
Really great.
It's definately a 'filler' movie, mostly made up of exposition for the next two films.
Not a whole lot happens...But if you're a Harry Potter fan, you're not in it for the action, you're in it for the ride; and this movie is a great ride.
The acting really blew my mind this time.
All the professors were amazing and the kids are getting better with every film.
The adult characters really rocked though.

Seeing the film has also re-affirmed by dedication to re-read all the books.
I'm about halfway through book 3.
Woot!
I've always wanted to re-read them, it just always seems that there's a book lying around that I haven't read yet and like I should keep going htrough new stuff until I go back.

NO MORE!
I've got a fever!
And the only cure.....
IS MORE POTTER!!

I'm goin' back, where I can be me
To the Hogwarts witches and wizards academy
They've got a great big castle there
where they hop on brooms and fly
it's never dull
and there it can be just Dumbledore and I

A little spell casting on the siiiiiiide
Yes, that's where I'll be
At the Hogwarts witches and wizards academy

And if anybody asks for Rachel, or Rae V
Just tell um' that I'm where I am a magical me
at the Hogwarts witches and wizards academy-ee-ee-eeeeee
Send me an owl there!
To the Hogwarts witches and wizards academy!!!

~parody of 'I'm Goin' Back' from "Bells are Ringing"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL, I read your parody with the "Rescue Aid Society" song stuck in my head... You know, from Disney's The Rescuers.

I need to start re-reading Harry Potter as well... I'm to the 2nd book, but that's my least favorite in the series, so I have to kind of gear myself up for it.

Hello, my name is k8rz said...

Sadly, I was a tad let down at the end of the movie (nobody came and fought?!?! Pssshhhtt!!! You can't take that sad event lying down, which is what the characters did!). Sure, it was funny, and the adolescent acting was great, but I was incredibly sad by all that they left out. Plus, THEY BURNED DOWN THE BURROW! COME ON! *sigh* I must reserve judgement until the next movies come out because I have a feeling they'll incorporate what I felt was missing (or at least some of it which will redeem it for me). My problem is I just read the book not too long ago, so I had all of these expectations. Ah,well. Love you!