Well, in case you were wondering, I made it to and from work today using the public transportation system of Minneapolis.
On the way home, the bus that I got on didn't end up going where I needed it to go and I was the only one left on the bus. The driver turns around and goes, "Are you going to the garage?"
"Ummmm....No?"
I tell him where I wanted to stop and he explains that because of construction the route has changed.
Thanks metrotransit website. Thanks a lot.
I explain to him that this is my first solo bus trip and he says, "That's ok. It's only my second week driving! Where do you need to go?"
So the nice bus driver goes off route and drops me off on the side of the road a few blocks from the apartment.
Thank you nice bus driver man!
Tomorrow I have a shift at the bookstore, so I have to try another bus to get home. We'll see how THAT goes.
I really like working in 'customer service' at the bookstore. The only diff. between customer service and the other registers is that we can do returns (something there will be alot of after classes start).
Where the textbook registers are a scary and vaguely panicked place to be, the customer service desk is super laid back and full of happy friendly people.
I love it there.
I also love working the register.
I'm all about patterns when it comes to 'logic' activities, and if there's a pattern or routine in something I feel very in-control and competant. The register is all about patterns. *contented smile*
Yay.
The only bad part about working at the bookstore is being on my feet all the time, which tends to compact the vertebre at the base of my spine and cause me tons of pain. Owee.
I wish there were some way to get into Bookstore work as a regular. I'm going to ask the supervisor tomorrow. There's probably very little chance that I can work there all the time, but I would be so happy if I could.
Then I don't have to worry about getting off for holidays, etc.
There are some church jobs that The Bag is recommending, etc. But the problem with church jobs is that they want you there to sing on Christmas, Easter, etc. Something that I'm just not willing to do.
There are compromises I will make.
Family holidays are just not one of them.
No.
Way.
In other news, our air conditioning is broken again. It never worked in the first place, and then it was fixed for like...2hrs yesterday.
Today it's broken again.
Tomorrow they're coming to 'fix it'. Maybe they actually will this time.
Also, every night this week Laura Blair and I are studying for our entrance exams. The week nights we are studying music history (all of it. *head smack*), and then this weekend we are going to study theory (oh spite, oh hell).
I'm really not sure how in the world I am going to pass either of these exams.....I am SUPER terrified/worried about them.
Seriously.
The entire history of music in 100 questions. Specific questions. Questions like, "Where did Bach die?" The answer to which is, "I don't know...But I think I'll go join him."
Then theory. Three semesters of theory in a massive practical exam. Theory is not my friend. Theory is the bully on the playground that beats me up and steals my lunch money.
Please God, don't let theory take my lunch money!
Well in any case...Tomorrow I work a 4hr shift at the bookstore. That should be cool.
Cheers mates.
1 comment:
I'm proud of you, Miss Rachel! Just remember...your Landlord is your friend...ddooooon't get on his bad side. He controls your domicile! :) Always let him know that "I'm sure you're doing all that you can!" and "Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this!" Because he can also make your life hell...and we don't like hell. :)
Love you!!!!!!! {{HUG}}
Post a Comment