Hi everyone!
I don't know why the internet is suddenly working, but it IS!
So this is going to be a really quick post!
After 10hrs of driving, I made it to Opera in the Ozarks in Eureka Springs, AR.
The drive was pretty easy, mostly interstate.
The only difficult part was the last hour in the mountains.
SHARP CURVES!
NO GUARDRAILS!
TERRIFYING MOUNTINOUS DROPS!
eep!
Those roads were NUTS!
But, I'm here.
And the more we drive the roads, the easier it gets.
The campus is.....rustic.
But the theatre is pretty darn nice. =D
The dorms are really open, so everyone can hear everyone else when they talk.
General opinion seems to be that this is a blessing since it will discourage any sort of gossipiness. We all want to like each other all summer!
Speaking of which...The girls are great.
I've got a lot of good friends already from all over the US.
My roomate is from LA, I know girls from Oregon, NY, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi. =D
Not to mention at least 5 other SAI members.
What up Fraternity sisters!?
The town of Eureka Springs is almost an exact replica of Galena.
Down to the brick facades and the photo place that takes pictures of you in western costumes. haha.
It's very cute.
The dangers of the mountains are very interesting.
For instance: Did you know that they have scorpians in Arkansas? And tarantulas?
I didn't!
But we have lavendar to keep the Scorpians out (it does. Look it up.) and the tarantulas are not poisonous.
The black bears however.....We're just gonna hope they keep their distance. lol.
The views here are amazing.
Just beautiful.
And if the internet ever decides to miraculously work again, I may try to upload some pictures!
Yes. We have very spotty wi-fi up here. Very spotty.
Generally it doesn't even let me read e-mails, but right now for some reason it is zooming along at a decent speed! So..HUZZAH!
We also don't have cable, but there happens to be one antenna hookup in the main office, and last night they let us take my tiny tv in there and watch the 'Greys Anatomy' season finale!
AHHH!!!
In any case, it's good to know that we can get tv if we need it. (Tony awards? What?)
The weather has been in turns stormy and cool.
Today is gorgeous, but we're waiting for the famed Arkansian heat to kick in. I'm sure it will before long.
Today is the first day of actualy rehearsals.
I haven't had mine yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment