Sunday, August 15, 2010

CAKE BOSS

I thought I would share with all of you my obsession of about a year now; an obsession which has reached epic proportions.

'Cake Boss' on TLC.


This show is seriously addicting.

It's this huge incredibly Italian family in New Jersey who own a bakery.
The bakery is owned by Buddy.
He's 'da boss'.

Every episode they make these gigantic and fantastical cakes for all sorts of occasions.
Buddy's crazily Italian sisters run the upstairs and generally take a few minutes out of their day to run down and harass Buddy about something.
The guys in the downstairs baking/decorating area play a prank or two and have some laughs.
And some FANTASTIC cakes get made.

It's the personalities that make the show.
They're just so......ITALIAN!
It's hilarious.
I cannot explain my obsession, except to say that you should watch.
And learn.
And love.

=D

In conclusion, my interest in 'Cake Boss', 'Challenge', and 'Cupcake Wars' have got me thinking about cake and cupcake decorating.
This is going to be a thing.
I've already got some materials together and my first experiment takes place this coming weekend.

Be prepared.

Cheers!

No comments: