Today consisted of three bummers, and three awesomes.
Bummer #1
My ATM card does not work. Not in Minneapolis. Not at any ATM. Not ever. It works as a debit card! It works as a credit card! It just refuses to let me take money out of ATMS!
Today I needed cash for the Minnesota State Fair.
I could not get cash.
I called the bank (for the second time about this).
They asked if I had ever used an ATM before.
*fume*
They asked if the ATM was out of money.
*fume*
They asked if I was trying to draw from the right account.
*fume*
To conclude. No cash. No answers. Lots of fuming.
Bummer #2
The Bag had said at my first lesson that she wanted me to audition for the MinnOp Resident Artist program this fall. Which I thought was Ca-ray-zee, because I'm only a little baby opera singer and the resident artist program is for...like...grown-ups.
Today she responded to an e-mail I sent her asking if she wanted me to start working on any new arias for the auditions, and she basically said she changed her mind and thought I should wait a year to let my voice develop more.
*blind panic!*
*anxiety!*
Did I not do as well as she hoped in my lessons?!
Did I not sound very well?!
Am I not working hard enough?!
Did she just realize that I'm too young?!?! (this is the preferrable answer).
So.....anxiety about that.
Bummer #3
Laura and I met a guy at the fair today. He was really nice. This evening Laura comes back and says all expectantly, "Did he facebook friend you?"
I check, "Nope."
*awkward pause*
"Oh."
Burn.
Frickin', just....burn.
That really bites the big one.
Either I need to get less attractive friends, or start looking at cosmetic surgery, because this will simply not do.
I don't want to be 'Chunk' and have the rest of them be the cool Goonies.
So.........Ouch.
'Aaaaaand the self-esteem takes one right in the kisser!'
Still smarting from that one.
Now for the awesome......
Awesome #1
Corn dogs.
Today the chicas and I went to the fair.
There were corn dogs.
The heavens didst open and the sun shone down upon the chubby girl, and her tastebuds did rejoice for the gift of the dog of corn given from the Lord on this day of days.
Awesome #2
Deep friend Snickers.
Not as amazing as I hoped, and my teeth sort of hurt afterwards....But still very nummy.
That's something you only really need to eat once in your life.
Awesome #3
'Pirates of Penzance' performed by the Australian Opera Company arrived today (thanks Netflix)!!
Starring Anthony Warlowe and David Hobson (two of my faves).
The show was sort of skewing 'Pirates of the Carribbean' and Warlowe played the Pirate King as Jack Sparrow. Dead on.
That's the great thing about the AOC. They have quality voices (of course), but the acting is always wonderful (from the men anyways. Women....eh.) and the production designs are tremendous! Someday I'm going to make it down there and meet all my amazing heros of opera. =D
To conclude, the dvd was VERY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Australian Opera Company rocks my face.
Frickin', heck yeah.
All in all, a mixed day.
But ending it with 'Pirates' made me a happy girl.
Now, off to bed to read some 'Harry Potter' and dream of Hogwarts.
Cheers.
2 comments:
Well, at least you had awesomes to combat the bummers! I'm glad for that, friend.
Also, Chaz wants me to inform you that you are incorrect in your assertion that one need only eat a deep fried snickers once in one's life. The correct statement is that one needs only to eat a deep fried snickers every year. At fair time. Assa!
i feel this is is a good time to tell you how jealous i am of you =] well not jealous-jealous, but its a healthy "i want to be more like you" you can not forget that you are an amazing person. there are so much i want to say but i think that could be summed up in a hug. but you are so far away =C "don'ttt stttoppp believveeeinggggg"
Post a Comment