Re-watched the premiere of 'Glee' on abc.
Love, by the way.
You should all watch it.
It's rockin' my face.
Witty, tongue-in-cheek, slapstick, and quality performers. (Have I met some of them? Yes I have! Yay Broadway!)
However, all 'Glee' managed to do for me tonight was make me cry.
Because I want to be them.
I don't think I've ever needed anything as much as I need to be on a stage right now.
*dies a little bit*
And to make it worse, I spent a lot of time today trying to figure out how theatre works at U of M.....
And it appears that they have no musical theatre.
Except for their summer 'Showboat' company.
*dies a little more*
Are you telling me a school of this size has no musical theatre during the school year?!
REALLY!?!??!!
Is that what you're telling me?!?!?!
Because I don't think you really want to be telling me that!!!!!!!!!
*sigh*
I just......
Everyone has something they can't live without.
For some people, teaching is the only thing that will make them truly happy.
For Doctors, it's healing people.
For Architects, it's designing.
For me, it's being on a stage.
We're a special kind of people known as, 'Show People'
We live in a world of our own.
Our days are tied to curtains,
they rise and they fall.
We're born every night
at half hour call!
We can't picture being anything but, 'Show People'
civilians find the whole thing quite bizarre.
But that hope in our hearts
when the overture starts
let's us know how lucky we are!
It's on honor and joy to be in Show Business!
I feel that spotlight hit me and I'm gone!
At the last curtain call
I'm the envy of all
So I know the show must,
Go ON!
Excerpt from 'Show People' in the musical "Curtains"
2 comments:
Maybe that's your mission... To START a musical theatre program at U of M... *hugs* I love you!
Oddly enough, Christy just said the same EXACT thing to me! lol.
Post a Comment