So....
Sort of the theme of this summer, and what will probably be the theme of the coming year is, "What am I going to do next year!?"
There are several options and I just honestly don't know what to do with myself.
1) Audition for resident artist programs.
- The problem with this option is that I'm too young. I'm probably not going to get into anything at this level. Bag says to wait and see where the voice is at the end of the year, but unfortunately I think she is forgetting that Res. Art. programs hold auditions in NOVEMBER and it will be just a feeeeewwww months too late before we know if I'm ready for them. I will do a summer program however.
2) Get a Doctorate
- Everyone has told me not too. Performers are telling me it's not worth it unless you want to teach voice at a college level (which is not my goal), and the people who hire performers are telling me that it's considered a parking lot for vocalists. Soo....I guess that's a no.
3) Go back to Iowa and take the classes needed to be a certified teacher there
- Not so that I can teach right now, but so that I can teach someday. Knowing me, at some point I am going to want to settle down. I like having a home and a routine. Teaching drama at a high school would be a real possibility in the future. But....Bag says no. I need to keep studying and working towards my career.
4) Get a regular job in a shop or something in Minneapolis and study with Bag for another year
- I feel like I should keep studying.....But I just hate the idea of working a monotonous job in a store and making little to no money. Not to mention those darn student loans which are going to bite me in the bum as soon as I graduate. However, this is looking like the most likely option at this point. Oy.
5) Go somewhere to finish my bachelors in theatre
- As much as I would love to, this is pretty much a non-option. I don't have the money to keep going to school. My parents aren't going to pay for me to keep going to school. I would love to have the degree, I think in the future when the time comes to teach, I will wish I had the degree; I just don't see how it's possible. The money just isn't there.
So..........................
This is the giant question looming before me.
The proverbial Neverending Story 'Nothing' is awaiting me in May, waiting to rip trees out by their roots and exterminate Rock Biters before my eyes.
*drops head on desk*
*incoherent noise*
Cheers
2 comments:
Life. Seriously, there should be a handbook.
Whatever you decide, I'm still your silly friend. I will visit and make you cookies and giggle over hot men whenever. :)
I feel your pain... *huuuuuuuugs* I get to see you TOMORROW and we can do girly things and listen to Hushabye Mountian and cuddle. :-)
Post a Comment