"To me it seems as if when God conceived the world, that was Poetry; He formed it, and that was Sculpture; He colored it, and that was Painting; He peopled it with living beings, and that was the grand, divine, eternal Drama." - Charlotte Cushman
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Irony
I write a post about how I worry too much about offending people with the truth..... and then worry that I may have offended people with this post.
*palmtoface*
I think something in my head just exploded.
*shakes head*
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I can't say I was offended...just, I feel a little defensive. And I'm not saying anger is involved at all...I just want to talk about it. Explain how I don't feel one bit guilty about sharing how I feel, and I don't think that makes me a "bad" person (which is, I know, probably not at ALL how you intended it to sound). For me, keeping things to myself only leads to further anger, self-destruction, guilt, and brooding. This may be very different for you (and that's totally fine), but I think a recognition that everyone handles situations in their own way for their own reasons would be beneficial. It just sucks when you get inadvertently caught in the crosshairs.
Of course, this may all be totally off base because I don't know what spurred this particular blog post...
What I'm saying is...we all do the best we can with what we have and what we know. Or something cliche like that. :)
What generally happens to me, is that people shit on me all the time when they're angry or in a bad mood and I feel like a wuss because I don't respond in kind. Which makes them think it's ok.
I'm not saying you are among 'bad' people. I'm saying that I'm a 'nice' person in that scrunched up face, nasal voice-ee sort of way. Because it sucks. It does lead to me being angry and allowing my frustration to build up. But I don't do anything about it. Because most of the time, the people who shit on me are doing it because they're hot headed in general, and responding in kind would only cause them to explode. They can give it, but in general, the absolUTEly can't take it.
I know that people respond in different ways, that's what the post was about. I'm not saying that people never feel guilty,I can't know that. But most of the time these people don't seem to have ANY idea that what they did/said was unacceptable.
I just think that it would be beneficial if people could work on their editing equiptment and maybe think a little more about how they affect other people when they speak.
2 comments:
I can't say I was offended...just, I feel a little defensive. And I'm not saying anger is involved at all...I just want to talk about it. Explain how I don't feel one bit guilty about sharing how I feel, and I don't think that makes me a "bad" person (which is, I know, probably not at ALL how you intended it to sound). For me, keeping things to myself only leads to further anger, self-destruction, guilt, and brooding. This may be very different for you (and that's totally fine), but I think a recognition that everyone handles situations in their own way for their own reasons would be beneficial. It just sucks when you get inadvertently caught in the crosshairs.
Of course, this may all be totally off base because I don't know what spurred this particular blog post...
What I'm saying is...we all do the best we can with what we have and what we know. Or something cliche like that. :)
What generally happens to me, is that people shit on me all the time when they're angry or in a bad mood and I feel like a wuss because I don't respond in kind. Which makes them think it's ok.
I'm not saying you are among 'bad' people.
I'm saying that I'm a 'nice' person in that scrunched up face, nasal voice-ee sort of way.
Because it sucks.
It does lead to me being angry and allowing my frustration to build up.
But I don't do anything about it.
Because most of the time, the people who shit on me are doing it because they're hot headed in general, and responding in kind would only cause them to explode. They can give it, but in general, the absolUTEly can't take it.
I know that people respond in different ways, that's what the post was about.
I'm not saying that people never feel guilty,I can't know that. But most of the time these people don't seem to have ANY idea that what they did/said was unacceptable.
I just think that it would be beneficial if people could work on their editing equiptment and maybe think a little more about how they affect other people when they speak.
Also...This was spurred by something.
Post a Comment