OK.
Soo.....I would like to thank Twitter for letting me in on the craziest/most awesome thing I've ever been seen in the tweet world.
That's right; I am speaking of the ludicrous battle between Neil Patrick Harris (aka Dr. Horrible) and John Barrowman (aka Captain Jack Harkness) for 'Gay of the Decade'.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!
This is hilarious.
I can't give you the full details here, but I will provide a summary.
One of those 'Gay men news' websites was having a little vote for 'Gay man of the decade' and quietly fading into obscurity when one of their bloggers casually mentioned that it was pretty close between NPH and John Barrowman.
NPH mentioned this in his twitter and asked for votes; thus igniting a fire that would burn with the heat of a thousand tweets.
JB gets wind of this and starts campaigning for votes.
Pretty soon both candidates and pulling every celebrity friend they have to tweet their support, and it is now steamrolling into a giant Twitter battle for the ages.
The votes are still really close I guess and it's Brits vs. USA for the Gay of the Decade, with both countries waging war while the other sleeps.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
I'm sorry.
This is just hilarious.
Like......ridiculous and flippin' hilarious.
I personally threw in my vote for JB.
It hurts my heart to make a decision between two of my favourite people, but Captain Jack did come into my life before Dr. Horrible or 'How I Met Your Mother'.
Sorry NPH.
I still love you.
Here's a link where you can read a play-by-play of this insanity.
I suggest reading the blog post which starts 'What a Difference a Day Makes', it's the most hilarious.
http://www.afterelton.com/blog/2810
Cheers everyone.
*walks off still laughing*
2 comments:
I voted for John Barrowman too... :-) It would have been harder if NPH had been in Doctor Who/Torchwood.... But. Yeah. You can't go wrong with JB. :-)
Bahahaha. I saw this on that site that you gave me, but I didn't think it looked like that great of a story.. really glad that I took the time to read this post though. Definitely gave me my 5 am entertainment for the night! *Blog subscribed to*
Post a Comment