Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You keep moving on

There is snow on the ground.

A Christmas tree in my room.

And my parents are coming tomorrow.

I'm happy.

But I'll be happier when I'm home on break.

For some reason, college just seems to amplify all the things that are stressful about life.

And when I'm at home, I can ignore it.
I can pretend it doesn't exist.
I can watch Christmas movies with mom,
play scrabble with Jakey,
play mafia at Blakes',
and talk about books and movies with my brother.

And I don't have to think about the future (ack grad schools!), my grades, my vocal chords (stupid cold!), my weight (I just frickin' wanna eat a cookie ok?), or my relationships (in the romantic sense, a profound lack thereof).

I can just drink hot cocoa and enjoy Christmas.

In a little while,
just a little while....

No comments: